About South Okanagan E-Bike Safaris
We love exploring this unique piece of heaven we call home, and we love to cycle. That in a nutshell is the story behind South Okanagan E-Bike Safaris. We warmly welcome you to share the adventure with us.
We have invested in the very latest German-made Class 1 electric pedal assist Cube E-bikes so discovering the deserts, lakes, mountains, vineyards, and orchards of the South Okanagan will be as effortless as you wish, and lots of fun. We have created several different options to match your interests, three of which are wine Safaris in three different districts, one is a general tour in the town of Osoyoos, another is a ride-along Skaha Lake and the last is a fully customized Safari for which you will need to call us to discuss details of what you would like to include.
One final personal note: we aren’t just the owners of South Okanagan E-Bike Safaris, we are also your guides. We really look forward to seeing you soon!
Max and Debbie
Click below to book your Safari adventure!
The South Okanagan truly is another world: a geographical quirk of nature that created incredible variety in a relatively compact, easily explorable area. Parched desert, lush orchards, majestic mountains, rolling vineyards and surprisingly warm lakes, interspersed with characterful towns and villages. It is all here. And what better way to see it than by ebike? We tour at a leisurely pace, giving lots of opportunity to appreciate the South Okanagan’s natural wonders, as well as some pretty impressive human creations, including top-rated wines and cheeses and pretty towns that you might want to return to after the cycle tour.
Should I rent an E-Bike somewhere else or should I join a guided E-Bike safari?
Generally, e-Bike rentals cost around $75.00 to $100.00/day. We do not rent our e-Bikes for some very good reasons.
By booking with us you will:
- Receive instructions on how to properly use an e-Bike and go on a short orientation ride before setting out on your Safari to ensure you are comfortable
- Have a fully guided 3.5 to 5.5 hr excursion depending on which Safari you join
- Maximize your time by having an itinerary for the Safari
- Not have to deal with certain problems on your own, such as bike malfunctions (including punctures or other issues with the bike)
- Receive priority service at wineries as winery tastings and restaurants are pre-booked for you
- Learn about other attractions throughout the Valley
- Learn about the history and culture of the South Okanagan
- Meet other riders with similar interests
- See more and live like a local
- Feel satisfied that you saw and did more than had you not been with a guide.
We right size your bike and teach you how to maximise power and gear selection, safe steering and braking techniques and explain what needs to be done to keep you safe and secure and keep you pedaling. Whilst stopped at wineries, restaurants or other attractions your bicycle and personal items will always be secure, so need to worry about security.
Safety is of utmost importance to us and not only will you be using a well maintained Cube E-Bike but your guide is trained in First Aid and also carries an AED, walkie talkies and cell phone. We want you to have fun, meet people, learn about our Valley and return safely at the end of your Safari to enjoy the rest of your time here.