2021 Safety Protocols
Back on the bikes again! South Okanagan E Bike Safaris is here for you, and we can’t wait to welcome you back to the South Okanagan. What can you expect when you come here? A lot of friendly British Columbians!
In keeping with Public Health Orders relating to Covid -19, the tourism sector in the South Okanagan has changed the ways in which we conduct business. Compliance with PHO’s keeps our guests, our staff and our partners safe. In keeping with these changes, South Okanagan E-Bike Safaris find we must now plan further ahead of time than we have in the past. We are encouraging our guests to book as far in advance of your Wine Safari day as possible.
A significant change in the ways wineries operate is that of utilizing reservations for wine tastings, allowing them both to keep guests physically distanced and the time to sanitize tasting stations between tastings. Although we saw this new measure enhance the experiences of visitors, it does present challenges for touring companies such as ourselves. Planning well ahead of time is now essential. This will allow us the time to structure your day in such a way that allows for your maximum enjoyment, we must plan well ahead of time as we have to take into consideration many variables; which wineries we will visit, the distances between them, the terrain, fitness levels etc.
We at South Okanagan E-Bike Safaris recognize booking far in advance may be uncomfortable for you. You may wonder whether you could get a refund should you be unable to take part in the Safari. Rest assured, our cancellation policy allows for a two week cancellation, as well as cancellation and full refunds or credit for situations such an inclement weather, fire, travel restrictions, personal illness or public Health Orders that don’t allow for participation.
Should you have any questions at all about our cancellation policy or other concerns, we encourage you to email us using the contact us form or by calling us.
We look forward to welcoming you to the ultimate way to experience the South Okanagan!
Max and Debbie.
After careful consideration and consultation, we have established that we can return to E Bike touring or Safaris with a few modifications, and we have developed, with the help of WorksafeBC, this Safety Plan. Copies are available to our guests before we commence a Safari, along with our COVID-19 waiver.
We are limiting our group size to a maximum of six and endeavouring to keep the groups to members of one household or social bubble if possible. Social distancing must be practiced between social groups, families, friends, and different households. Sterilization of bicycles and equipment will be taken to the highest level in addition to all persons being given a face mask to wear during the ride, if you choose and at your discretion. While we are showing you how to use the equipment, we will require everyone to wear a mask.
We have opened up our calendar till the end of October this year and for all those that cannot make it this year we have opened our calendar from April 1, 2021 through to the end of October next year. Furthermore, in order to assure you we are here for you when you book we will only take partial payment; that is 100% refundable – no questions asked and no explanation expected, to make our policy that of a flexible one in order to help you plan your dream holiday.
What we are doing to keep everyone safe and healthy, and what we are asking of our guests for everyone’s enjoyment:
- increased sanitization and cleaning protocols for bicycles, helmets and safety stripes sanitized and sealed, and new water bottles sealed;
- hand sanitizer is available to guests
- face masks provided to all guests for use when social distancing is not possible, primarily during fitting and orientation; guides will wears mask while cycling;
- social distancing to be practiced by all those not within same household or social bubble/circle;
- guests will meet their guide at pre-determined rendezvous points, we will not transport guests in a van as social distancing is not possible in confined space;
- guests cannot participate if they have been in contact with anyone with Covid-19, have been infected, been in same household as someone with Covid-19, or feel unwell in any way;
- increased attention to educating and demonstrating use of gears and power levels to help guests get optimal performance and correct use of disc brakes and steering in order to safely stop when required.
While on Safari, do unto others as you would like done to you! Warn other persons of your presence (ring your bell from a distance), slow down as you pass and pass more than 2 metres or 6 feet away if possible. If during your Safari you do not feel well for any reason, you must advise the guide who will facilitate appropriate intervention.