2020 Safety Protocols
Back on the bikes again! South Okanagan E Bike Safaris is here for you, and we can’t wait to welcome you back to the South Okanagan. What can you expect when you come here? A lot of friendly British Columbians!
After careful consideration and consultation, we have established that we can return to E Bike touring or Safaris with a few modifications, and we have developed, with the help of WorksafeBC, this Safety Plan. Copies are available to our guests before we commence a Safari, along with our COVID-19 waiver.
We are limiting our group size to a maximum of six and endeavouring to keep the groups to members of one household or social bubble if possible. Social distancing must be practiced between social groups, families, friends, and different households. Sterilization of bicycles and equipment will be taken to the highest level in addition to all persons being given a face mask to wear during the ride, if you choose and at your discretion. While we are showing you how to use the equipment, we will require everyone to wear a mask.
We have opened up our calendar till the end of October this year and for all those that cannot make it this year we have opened our calendar from April 1, 2021 through to the end of October next year. Furthermore, in order to assure you we are here for you when you book we will only take partial payment; that is 100% refundable – no questions asked and no explanation expected, to make our policy that of a flexible one in order to help you plan your dream holiday.
What we are doing to keep everyone safe and healthy, and what we are asking of our guests for everyone’s enjoyment:
- increased sanitization and cleaning protocols for bicycles, helmets and safety stripes sanitized and sealed, and new water bottles sealed;
- hand sanitizer is available to guests
- face masks provided to all guests for use when social distancing is not possible, primarily during fitting and orientation; guides will wears mask while cycling;
- social distancing to be practiced by all those not within same household or social bubble/circle;
- guests will meet their guide at pre-determined rendezvous points, we will not transport guests in a van as social distancing is not possible in confined space;
- guests cannot participate if they have been in contact with anyone with Covid-19, have been infected, been in same household as someone with Covid-19, or feel unwell in any way;
- increased attention to educating and demonstrating use of gears and power levels to help guests get optimal performance and correct use of disc brakes and steering in order to safely stop when required.
While on Safari, do unto others as you would like done to you! Warn other persons of your presence (ring your bell from a distance), slow down as you pass and pass more than 2 metres or 6 feet away if possible. If during your Safari you do not feel well for any reason, you must advise the guide who will facilitate appropriate intervention.
If you’re not joining us this year, book now for 2021! Every Safari booked until March 31, 2021 will qualify for a random draw — you could win a Safari for up to six people! Our way to say welcome back! We hope to see you soon!